Millennium Care Services
At Millennium Care, we understand that care isn’t a case of one size fits all. The needs of our guests can be very different, and it’s essential for their wellbeing to have the right care for them. To ensure we provide the highest standards of care, we offer four distinct services to cater for the specific requirements of our residents:
- Dementia Care – Provided at Brookdale and Norley Hall
- Nursing and End of Life Care – Provided at Lakeside and Marley Court
- Residential Care – Provided at Brookdale, Lakeside, Lavender Hills, Marley Court, Norley Hall and Windsor House
- Respite, Day and Convalescence Care – Provided at Brookdale, Lakeside, Lavender Hills, Marley Court, Norley Hall and Windsor House
The right space for care
At the core of our services are our six state-of-the-art care homes. Situated in peaceful surroundings across Lancashire, they are all steeped in luxury, character and natural beauty. But, most importantly, each of them is tailored to the specific care services on offer.
We firmly believe that the right facilities and surroundings are crucial to our innovative approach to care. So, as well as complete accessibility, supported bathrooms and nurse calling facilities, certain homes are equipped with specific features to facilitate nursing care or dementia care. In simple terms, if one of our homes isn’t equipped to provide the highest standards of nursing care, we won’t offer that service.
This is epitomised by our purpose-built dementia units at Brookdale and Norley Hall. They have been custom-designed and decorated with dementia in mind. Calming colours, plenty of natural light and lots of space provide the ideal environment to care for the sometimes-complex symptoms of dementia. Moving into the future, we have plans to build specialist dementia units at more of our homes.
The second core component of our outstanding care services is our staff. Every Millennium Care home is staffed by strong, sustainable teams of expert carers. Our highly-skilled staff are fully trained in the best practices for each care service they provide. And this is continually updated and refreshed with the latest training available in each area of care.
On top of that, we ensure all staff are respectful and caring towards every one of our residents. This is what sets out care services apart. As well as the reassurance of expert care, we provide residents with a luxury service, catering to their every need. Whether it’s a morning newspaper or an evening cup of tea in their bedroom, residents get far more than care alone.
Wellness and living
To complement our care services, we provide residents with the high quality of life they have become accustomed to. This includes everything from how they dine to the activities on offer:
- Dining – Professional chefs have created vast, varied menus of delectable cuisine for residents to enjoy. They are always on hand to cater for specific dietary requirements or preferences. Our staff are also on hand to support residents with specific dining requirements, such as dining in their bedroom or the lounge as an alternative to our spacious dining rooms.
- Wellness – We put on regular supported activities to promote positive physical and mental health. Our homes are fully-accessible, so residents can maintain complete freedom and independence in their day to day lives, with the reassurance of expert care.
- Activities – At Millennium Care homes, residents can take up new hobbies or pursue existing interests. From baking, crafts and films to reading, gardening or simply admiring the nature on a stroll through our landscaped gardens, there is so much to do.
Award-winning care services
Millennium Care has remained a family-run organisation since its launch in 1993. 25 years of experience and a commitment to innovative care means we are able to provide long-term stability to a wide range of residents. Our efforts haven’t gone unnoticed, with our care services now officially award-winning. Find out more about our award-winning services.
Excellent members of staff that show compassion to all residents at all times, extremely high level of cleanliness with a welcoming atmosphere. The facilities that are on offer allow residents to maintain as much independence as possible.
Petra W (Friend of Resident)
From the moment I stepped into Lavender Hills Care Home, I was made most welcome. The staff were wonderful, helpful and caring. The meals were very good. I am hoping to go back there when my wife has respite. The bedroom was very clean and I had my own shower and toilet.
My dad was resident here from late November till he passed on New Years Day. The nurse's carers even cleaners and kitchen staff gave not just my dad but us as a family first class care. They were patient understanding and so very supportive to me and my family not just during the worst time of our lives but afterwards as well. Can't thank them enough. Would highly recommend. Just hope when I'm of age I'm fortunate enough to reside somewhere like Lakeside Nursing and Residential Home.
Tracey T (Daughter of Resident)
Staff are lovely - kind, hard-working, friendly and caring. Management are approachable and reactive. The home is very clean and never smells. My mum is not over keen on food at times but she does have unusual tastes! Food we see being served always looks tasty. Lovely home - can visit at any time. Highly recommended.
On entering the home there is a welcome from all you meet. Wonderful, caring staff and always ready to help. My brother is happy and I have no complaints at all. A very safe environment.
I have found all aspects of care at Windsor House to be excellent. We have been clients for a number of years and have always been happy with the service we have received. The staff are friendly and helpful and we are always listened to. My dad is happy and doing well, he enjoys the food and the independence land is encouraged as much as possible. It is like home from home and I am very grateful for everything Windsor House has done for us.