About Windsor House
Located in the leafy suburbs of Standish, Windsor house provides a true home away from home for a thriving community of residents. The quaint 16-bedroomed home is full of character and situated within easy access and proximity to local amenities. Our home is staffed by a dedicated team of care experts, providing a specialist set of care services:
- Residential care
- Respite care
- Day care
More about the home
Windsor House has been furnished and designed with luxury in mind. That spans everything from the ambient lounge and dining room to the large, green garden area. We want our guests to feel completely at home, with everything they need to maintain a high quality of life:
- Space to relax – The well-furnished, beautifully-decorated lounge provides plenty of space for conversation, relaxation and most of all enjoyment. It’s also the perfect backdrop for keeping up with hobbies or taking part in social occasions.
- Light and airy – Large bay windows to the front and back of the home allow plenty of natural light in. They also provide a picture framed view of the home’s leafy surroundings.
- Specialist services – We regularly arrange specialist services within the home, such as beauty therapies, hairdressing or chiropody, to keep our residents looking and feeling their best.
- Dining – At breakfast, lunch or dinner, guests can enjoy great food in perfect surroundings. Our dining room is well furnished with comfortable seats around attractive oak tables, so residents can enjoy every meal with friends.
- Charming gardens – A large garden to the rear of the home allows guests to relax in the fresh air, with an expansive lawn for outdoor activities.
Freedom to live life
The expert care staff at Windsor House allow residents to live an independent life with the reassurance of specialist support at all times. Put simply, we want residents to maintain the high quality of life they’ve become accustomed to. During their stay, residents can enjoy a wide range of activities:
- Keep up with beloved hobbies like flower arranging, arts and crafts or even baking
- Get lost in a great book, or enjoy movies and games in our ambient lounge
- Stay active with adapted physical activities, sensory enrichment and mental stimulation
- Attend social events, fundraisers or just days out in the local surroundings
At Windsor House, it really is up to residents how they spend their time. However, guests choose to enjoy their time, our 24-hour team of staff will always be on hand for care, support or just to facilitate their needs.
It’s important to us that all residents have their own space to relax and unwind at the end of the day, or whenever they wish. That’s why we allow guests to bring their own treasured possessions along and make their bedroom their own. Hang wall art or photographs, or place ornaments around your room to create a true homely feeling.
At Windsor House, bedrooms come fully equipped with nurse call points, which guests can request anything from a helping hand to a morning newspaper. On top of that, each room has en-suite facilities as standard along with luxury soft furnishings throughout. We also have hoists and profiling beds for high dependency residents.
Dine on the best food every day at Windsor House, with an in-house chef serving up delicious homemade food for every meal. We want to tailor every aspect of life to your requirements – and food is no exception. Our staff are happy to cater for any dietary requirements or food preferences, with carers on hand to support dining in the comfort of the lounge or your own bedroom.
The next step
It’s only natural that residents want to visit Windsor House before they make any decisions. If you want to arrange a site visit or get any more information, please don’t hesitate to contact our team whenever is convenient for you.
Meet The Team
- Kathryn won a poetry competition at age 11 on TV children’s points of view.
- Kathryn trained to be a jockey from age 18.
- Kathryn is a karaoke queen especially in Tenerife where she loves to visit.
- Colette was citizen of the year in the UK age 11
- Colette is a HUGE Bob Dillan fan and has seen him around 30 times in 35 years, she has posters of him in her home and would do anything to meet him.
- Colette is a huge fan of Disney Florida and has visited 11 times her other passion is Liverpool Football club.
Visit Windsor House Care Home
209 Wigan Road
Tel: 01257 421 325
Fax: 01257 425 872
209 Wigan Road
Tel: 01257 421 325
Fax: 01257 425 872
Types of Care Offered at Windsor House
We like to think of your stay with us as independent living with the extra reassurance of care and support, in a homely yet hotel-like, luxurious setting. How you spend your time with us is your choice; your interests and hobbies, your food preferences, it’s your home so it’s your choice. We welcome you to furnish your bedroom with your own personal belongings so…
From overnight stays to months at a time, our homes are perfectly equipped to welcome you during temporary stays whilst you receive uncompromised levels of care and hospitality. You can enjoy a care package that can be suited specifically to you; while you are staying with us it is your home and your comfort and we strive to ensure we make your stay as…
Windsor House Testimonials
I have found all aspects of care at Windsor House to be excellent. We have been clients for a number of years and have always been happy with the service we have received. The staff are friendly and helpful and we are always listened to. My dad is happy and doing well, he enjoys the food and the independence land is encouraged as much as possible. It is like home from home and I am very grateful for everything Windsor House has done for us.
Mum needed full 24-hour care after breaking her hip last October and then in August this year she got really dehydrated , She came into Windsor House in August and the staff are brilliant. They really look after mum and she has settled in well. We take her out in the wheelchair whenever we want and the staff have her ready for us. We are made go feel very welcome when we visit.
My grandma is very happy here. I feel like she is being really looked after and safe. The staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcome.
The home has worked very well for the care of my mother.
She feels she is in her own home. The staff are excellent, and I am very pleased with the level of care for my mother.
Staff are very friendly and care is very good.
My mother-in-law is 91 years old and we feel she enjoys being there.
Although Mum is temporary, the care she has had so far has been excellent. The staff are great and keep the family informed all the time. I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this home.