Lakeside welcomes residents with a grand entrance, accessed by a tree-lined driveway in mature gardens. This stunning home overlooks the beautiful Worthington Lake in Standish, providing the ideal, peaceful surroundings for a luxury lifestyle with a range of specialist care services:
- Residential care
- Nursing care
- Respite care
- End of life care
Our home, situated just north of Wigan, is well staffed with nurses specialising in each of the above services. This enables us to provide the highest standards of care and gives residents the quality of life they deserve.
A sumptuous setting
Life at Lakeside is full of choice. And that begins from the moment you walk through the door:
- Three spacious lounges – Floor to ceiling windows fill the rooms with natural light and provide a picture frame view of the local beauty spot, Worthington Lake.
- Tasteful dining rooms – Solid oak tables and comfortable cushioned chairs give residents a peaceful place to enjoy delicious breakfast, lunch and evening meals with friends.
- In-house salon – Visit the barbers or salon for a range of hairdressing services, beauty therapies or even chiropody.
- Beautiful gardens – Lakeside sits among elegant landscaped gardens, a wonderful setting for a relaxing stroll at any time of day or a moment of tranquillity in our quaint courtyard areas.
- Serene patio – Enjoy your morning, afternoon or evening in our charming patio area, overlooking Lakeside’s beautiful grounds
- Fully accessible – The home is completely wheelchair accessible, so there’s no compromise to our guests’ independence.
Something new every day
Stunning surroundings and spacious rooms are just the start of Lakeside’s attraction. Our wonderful staff are always on hand to help you pursue any hobbies or interests with a range of activities on offer. Whether it’s gardening, baking or supported exercise classes, we want to make sure you enjoy every day you spend with us. Take part in group activities or enjoy films, books and much, much more from the comfort of the lounge or even your own room.
Everything how you want it
At Lakeside, you get what you want, how you want it. That extends beyond activities, starting with your bedroom. Residents get luxury en-suite facilities as standard, with modern calling facilities so our staff are only a moment away should you need a morning newspaper, fresh sheets or medical assistance. High-dependency residents are also supported by profiling beds and hoists.
Along with beautiful colour-coordinated furnishings throughout, guests can personalise their bedroom how they see fit. Whatever personal items residents choose – whether it’s art, photographs or ornaments – they can be added to their bedroom to make it truly their own.
Dining at the Lakeside gives residents a restaurant-like experience on a daily basis. Delicious meals are served at breakfast, lunch and dinner, made to order by highly skilled professional chefs.
Dietary requirements? No problem. Personal preferences? Not an issue.
When you’re dining with us, we want to make sure everything is perfect. That extends to your dining preferences. Choose from our ambient dining rooms or dine from the comfort of our lounge – or even your own bedroom. Whatever your preference, our team of expert carers will facilitate it without a problem.
Get acquainted with Lakeside
Beautiful surroundings, expert care and a hotel-like service that can’t be beaten – Lakeside has it all. But to really appreciate the services on offer, we recommend you see it for yourself. Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements or arrange a site visit.
Meet The Team
- Robyn loves desert and often has biscuits or cake for breakfast and lunch
- Robyn is very creative, she knits with the residents at Lakeside and her space time she makes bikinis for her own online business coco beach hut.
- Jill loves the great outdoors and you will often find she has a camping trip planned with her 2 dogs Maggie and James.
- Jill also loves a good crime novel and Indian food.
- Jenny loves making cakes, she often bakes wedding and christening cakes for people.
- Jenny is a crazy cat lady and has a 2 legged cat called puddles
Visit Lakeside Care Home
Wigan WN1 2XN
Tel: 01257 422 931
Fax: 01257 422 723
Wigan WN1 2XN
Tel: 01257 422 931
Fax: 01257 422 723
Types of Care Offered at Lakeside
It is important to us to ensure that those with high dependency needs are treated with the highest levels of respect and that they receive an unrivalled level of care. That’s why we ensure that our staff are compassionate and discrete as well as highly qualified to do their job well. Our homes are equipped with specialised equipment to ensure we…
We like to think of your stay with us as independent living with the extra reassurance of care and support, in a homely yet hotel-like, luxurious setting. How you spend your time with us is your choice; your interests and hobbies, your food preferences, it’s your home so it’s your choice. We welcome you to furnish your bedroom with your own personal belongings so…
From overnight stays to months at a time, our homes are perfectly equipped to welcome you during temporary stays whilst you receive uncompromised levels of care and hospitality. You can enjoy a care package that can be suited specifically to you; while you are staying with us it is your home and your comfort and we strive to ensure we make your stay as…
The care my mother has received during her time at Lakeside Nursing and Residential Home has been outstanding. Sadly my mum passed away recently but right to the end the love and care shown to her during this time will be a comfort to us in the future.
Our experience of Lakeside Nursing and Residential Home was the best we could have asked for. The staff were amazing with my grandad who was very ill with lung cancer. We were made to feel very welcome, we spent a lot of the time there during the last weeks of his life and we couldn’t have asked for any better care. They cared for my grandad with dignity and respect and on his last day, the love and respect we felt will stay with us forever. Grandad called you all angels and you truly are.
Fantastic care given by all members of staff, from manager to office staff, kitchen staff and nursing staff. No request is too much trouble and support given to the family was priceless. Fabulous care home. Would recommend it to anyone.
My dad was resident here from late November till he passed on New Years Day. The nurse’s carers even cleaners and kitchen staff gave not just my dad but us as a family first class care. They were patient understanding and so very supportive to me and my family not just during the worst time of our lives but afterwards as well. Can’t thank them enough. Would highly recommend. Just hope when I’m of age I’m fortunate enough to reside somewhere like Lakeside Nursing and Residential Home.