A fantastic opportunity had arisen for an experienced Care Assistant to join our team at our beautiful home, Lakeside, part of the award-winning Millennium Care group.
As a Care Assistant, you will be expected to contribute to an environment of meaningful engagement, social interaction, and positive emotional well-being for our residents, whilst developing your own personal experience and qualifications.
You will put our residents at the centre of care, promoting choice and independence and taking time to build relationships and get to know them.
Experience and NVQ Level 2 are preferred but not essential.
- To provide care following best practice and legislative requirements under the direction of the Senior Carer/Nurse.
- To support and enable residents to maintain skills and personal interests whilst delivering person-centred care unique to each individual.
- To maintain skills at a current level, undertake such training and development as required from time to time to maintain and progress knowledge.
- To contribute to the efficient running of the home.
- Support residents to maintain their relationships and connections with the local community.
- Ensure Care Plans and other information about how to support residents are followed.
- Be responsible for informing the Senior Carer/Nurse of any changes in the needs of residents in your care.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals you support.
- Develop effective working relationships with other employees within the home.
- Work in cooperation with members of the multidisciplinary teams to maximise opportunities for staff.
- Be a role model for other carers and be an ambassador for the service.
- Be professional, polite, and reasonable at all times.
- Knowledge of, and work within, the Fundamental Standards.
- Understand the regulatory framework that governs the service, including the role of CQC and their requirements.
- Commit to achieving the relevant qualifications commensurate with the role.
- Attend statutory training and any other training as directed by management.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures relevant to the role.
- Be open to learning opportunities.
- £10.67 per hour
- Ongoing training and career development
- Competitive Employee Recognition and Reward Scheme
- Fully funded Employee Assistance Programme via Health Assured
- Full uniform and onsite parking provided
- 5.6 weeks annual leave based on a full-time contract
About Millennium Care:
Millennium Care is a multi-award-winning, family-owned care organisation with a difference. Recently named ‘Care Employer of the Year’, we provide expert care across several homes, set in picturesque surroundings across Lancashire and Greater Manchester.
At Millennium we are focused on providing individual, person-centred care, whilst keeping enjoyment alive in all our homes and bringing a fresh and innovative approach to care.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Millennium Care is dedicated to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment is essential for fostering creativity, innovation, and success.
Millennium Care is committed to providing equal opportunities, and creating an inclusive culture while promoting equitable practices.
WE DO NOT OFFER OVERSEAS SPONSORSHIP