Lakeside Nursing home host a design plan evening with Hayden Furnishings
Millennium care and Lakeside Nursing home came together with Hayden Furnishings last week to host and evening full of interior design, champagne and canapes.
Lakeside Nursing home in Standish, Wigan are planning to revamp their over a century old building by giving residents and their families the choice of what they would like each room to look and feel like with many samples to choose from.
Hayden Furnishings and Millennium care came up with many design options along with fabrics to match, accessories, colour schemes and interiors to match the beautiful woodland surroundings and picturesque Worthington Lake views.
On Friday 16th November the evening started at Lakeside with a glass of champagne on arrival, guests where then drawn to the samples of beautiful bespoke furniture.
The aim of the project is to deliver an environment that is bespoke, comfortable, admirable and inspiring for all residents and visitors to the Standish Nursing home.
Mood boards, fabrics and chairs were set in to four themes to match the environment, these were Woodland Reds, Lake Blues, Willow Greens and Primrose Yellows.
Woodland Blues were a favourite amongst residents with one super soft blue fabric being very popular as the samples were passed around.
Families and residents at the design plan evening
Questionnaires were filled in as people left, they enjoyed giving their feedback on personal choices, most commented on how beautiful all of the furniture was and can not wait to see the home when it is finished.
It’s not too late to have your say, some moodboards are still on display in the conservatory at Lakeside Nursing Home.
Lakeside also took the opportunity to introduce Alison Pendlebury as the homes new Activities co-ordinator
Alison is designing a tailored and person-centered schedule of activities with a holistic approach to delivery.
The new activities programme will be in place during the lead up to Christmas including a creative Christmas Fete on 9th December from 1:30pm.
Alison will be bringing meaningful, entertaining and inspiring activities to Lakeside.
For more information on the plans for Lakeside or information about the home please don’t hesitate to get in contact call 01257 422931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Administrator (Temporary)
We are looking for a Finance Administrator to join us at our Nursing Home on a temporary basis to cover a period of sickness. The home is a beautiful building, set in four acres of beautiful gardens overlooking Worthington Lake in Standish, Wigan. Situated only a short drive from the M6 and M61 motorways, the home is in an ideal location for commuters in the surrounding Lancashire and Greater Manchester areas. The home has a great reputation in the local community and is also part of a larger, well-respected group of care homes in the North West.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, organised and will have an exceptional eye for detail. They will also be able be adaptable and be able to pick up where someone else has left off due to the nature of this post.
Duties of the role will include:
- Responsible for all elements of monthly payroll using the home’s in house system and processing wage values through Sage.
- Ensure supplier payments are paid on time and recorded appropriately.
- Invoice to and liaise with a variety of fee income sources, ranging from local authorities, health organisations and individuals.
- Building and developing relationships with suppliers to agree the best terms and ensure supply contracts are maintained in line with agreed precedents.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of the home’s management information systems, collating and forwarding occupancy data to the head office.
- An ability to make commercially viable and informed decisions when lasing with suppliers.
- Working closely with the manager in implementing legislatively compliant human resource policies and assisting with the recruitment process of care home staff members.
- An ability to use and understand a variety of computer based systems, namely Microsoft Office.
- A problem solving approach to any issues which may arise.
- Be involved in the design and administration of an evaluation of the administrative and financial service provision.
- Work and operate the business in a cost efficient manner, being responsible for working alongside the manager in adhering to budgets, revenue generation and cost control.
- Creating and ensuring that all employee files are compliant with the companies procedures.
- Carrying out DBS checks and ensuring satisfactory references are received for new starters.
- Assisting with elements of employment law i.e. seeking advice from our 3rd party employment law consultants, taking minutes at meeting, preparation of correspondence.
- Reception duties.
- Any ad-hoc duties the Manager or Directors require of you.
Essential skills and attributes of the successful candidates will include:
Full working understanding of Sage Payroll and Accounts packages
Experience using the Microsoft Office package, in particular Excel and Word
Understanding of financial reporting
Satisfactory DBS check and ISA check
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Genuine interest in working in a caring environment with the elderly
Previous experience of working in a similar role within a care home setting is desirable but not essential.
If you think you have the right skills and experience for this role, please apply with your CV.https://www.millennium-care.co.uk/vacancies?preview_id=2221&preview_nonce=c70928e487&preview=true
Or contact Syma at email@example.com
Lakeside care home welcomes fluffy new arrivals
At Lakeside nursing home in Standish, residents and staff have carefully looked after five chick eggs in hope they would hatch in to baby chicks and become part of the family at Lakeside and they have not been disappointed.
The eggs hatched on Thursday 12th April amazing everybody at Lakeside as the cute bundles of soft yellow fur entered the world. Residents have been waiting in anticipation over the past few weeks, spirits are full of the joys of spring at Lakeside nursing home now they can watch their baby chicks play and look after them.
For Betty one of the residents at Lakeside, the hatchlings brought back fond memories, as she used to raise chickens on her farm before she retired.
Lakeside have included the wonderful creatures in an animal therapy session for the residents which has gone down a treat, residents are happy as the chicks fall asleep in their hands as they’re gently petted.
Marion a resident at Lakeside said “Oh they’re wonderful, they just sit in your hand looking up at you it’s so sweet.”
Lakeside held a naming ceremony after the chicks had settled in the next day, everybody at lakeside chose a name which went in to a hat that were then chosen by five residents as each chick was brought out to be named, starting with the first born chick now named Brett, the second chick named Brian, third Peacock, fourth Otto and the fifth Theo.
Tracey the Manager at Lakeside said “The baby chicks have proved a big hit at Lakeside and they have put smile’s on everyone’s face’s, the chicks have become a part of the Lakeside family, our residents love them and we look forward to collecting eggs from them when they’re a bit older.”
Lakeside hold pet therapy sessions regularly as most residents had pets as part of their families growing up, all sorts of pets have been known to join in the sessions even a tortoise.
For more information on Lakeside nursing home call or email Tracey 01257 422 931 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakeside Nursing home, Chorley Rd, Standish, Wigan WN1 2XN