Lakeside Vacancy – Finance Administrator
Finance Administrator (Temporary)
We are looking for a Finance Administrator to join us at our Nursing Home on a temporary basis to cover a period of sickness. The home is a beautiful building, set in four acres of beautiful gardens overlooking Worthington Lake in Standish, Wigan. Situated only a short drive from the M6 and M61 motorways, the home is in an ideal location for commuters in the surrounding Lancashire and Greater Manchester areas. The home has a great reputation in the local community and is also part of a larger, well-respected group of care homes in the North West.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, organised and will have an exceptional eye for detail. They will also be able be adaptable and be able to pick up where someone else has left off due to the nature of this post.
Duties of the role will include:
- Responsible for all elements of monthly payroll using the home’s in house system and processing wage values through Sage.
- Ensure supplier payments are paid on time and recorded appropriately.
- Invoice to and liaise with a variety of fee income sources, ranging from local authorities, health organisations and individuals.
- Building and developing relationships with suppliers to agree the best terms and ensure supply contracts are maintained in line with agreed precedents.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of the home’s management information systems, collating and forwarding occupancy data to the head office.
- An ability to make commercially viable and informed decisions when lasing with suppliers.
- Working closely with the manager in implementing legislatively compliant human resource policies and assisting with the recruitment process of care home staff members.
- An ability to use and understand a variety of computer based systems, namely Microsoft Office.
- A problem solving approach to any issues which may arise.
- Be involved in the design and administration of an evaluation of the administrative and financial service provision.
- Work and operate the business in a cost efficient manner, being responsible for working alongside the manager in adhering to budgets, revenue generation and cost control.
- Creating and ensuring that all employee files are compliant with the companies procedures.
- Carrying out DBS checks and ensuring satisfactory references are received for new starters.
- Assisting with elements of employment law i.e. seeking advice from our 3rd party employment law consultants, taking minutes at meeting, preparation of correspondence.
- Reception duties.
- Any ad-hoc duties the Manager or Directors require of you.
Essential skills and attributes of the successful candidates will include:
Full working understanding of Sage Payroll and Accounts packages
Experience using the Microsoft Office package, in particular Excel and Word
Understanding of financial reporting
Satisfactory DBS check and ISA check
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Genuine interest in working in a caring environment with the elderly
Previous experience of working in a similar role within a care home setting is desirable but not essential.
If you think you have the right skills and experience for this role, please apply with your CV.http://www.millennium-care.co.uk/vacancies?preview_id=2221&preview_nonce=c70928e487&preview=true
Or contact Syma at firstname.lastname@example.org